I hope you've all remembered to set your clocks one hour forward, although ironically our weather is feeling anything but spring-like.
And it was great seeing those of you who could make it to our Wednesday expert panel. I've messaged everyone our panelists' contact info and also posted it on the meetup page and our Facebook group.
They were kind enough to share three tips for those of you who could not join us, and I've also shared one memorable takeaway per panelist (see below).
- Give yourself room to unplug from your previous job, get quiet, and begin to listen to what you really want.
- Work with a coach for structure, accountability, a conclusive direction, and to accelerate your journey.
- See this process as part of your growth and cherish it. You are moving toward the best version of yourself. Believe that what you desire is possible and take small steps every day, and you will soon see results.
- Fear is there to protect you. It doesn't care if you have a meaningful life. When you feel it, ask "What are you protecting me from? Are you helping me in my mission?"
- Don't make stuff up to worry about. Life is too short to have imaginary, vicarious, outdated or irrelevant fears. Let them go.
- Question your gut. If it sounds like my Chinese mother, it's fear talking, not your true self. Thank your fear, then put yourself in charge.
- Life is short. Always remember you can be, do and have whatever it is that you want in life, if you are willing to work hard, be dedicated, be patient and persistent.
- Your mindset is powerful, every situation is not happening to you it is happening FOR you. Ask yourself what is the opportunity in this moment and/or situation? What can I learn from this?
- If you don't ask the answer is always "NO." Always ask for what you want because there is a 50% chance you will get what you are asking for, and keep trying until you get a YES!
- From Avery: first "flare" to capture all the possibilities than focus based on your north star and values and give yourself time to decide on change.
- From Patty: determine whether you're dealing with fear (real), anxiety (imagination of future), or stress (feeling overwhelmed). Deal with the fear, prioritize to deal with stress, and settle your imagination to deal with anxiety.
- From Kelly: find balance with a power hour that's all about you and keep believing.
Lot's of great food for thought and for those who attended, would love to hear what resonated with you.
Until next time,